What’s in the bag? See for yourself..
Yes this is the Hayden-Harnett Conrad bag from this post! I luurrrve it; it works both as a classic black bag for the office, AND dressy enough for meeting up with friends afterwards. The leather is super supple and soft (look at the shine on this baby!), and now I completely understand girls’ love affairs with purses and handbags because I am officially OBSESSED. This marks several milestones – my first HH, and my first black bag.
The lining is gorgeous! I love peeking into my bag.
Compared to other girls’ purses I’ve seen, I consider myself a light packer O.O Inside, I carry:
- small notebook with weekly to-do list and for jotting down random notes, + pens
- Lacoste wallet from Century 21
- Longchamp makeup bag with 1) Prescriptives Virtual Matte pressed powder, 2) Lancome Juicy Tube in Fruity Pop, 3) MAC Hello Kitty lipgloss in She Loves Candy, 4) MAC SlimShine in Ultra Elegant, 5) Kiehl’s #1 lip balm, and 6) sample size of Prescriptives Virtual Matte foundation which are for emergencies but I’ve never used. I bet you can’t tell I love lip stuff =)
- Neutrogena handcream
- 3G iPhone (I waited 4 hours in line the 2nd day it came out)
- elbow-length gloves to keep my phalanges warm, essential for NYC winter
- earmuffs – useful in theory but I don’t like how they mess up my hair since they go around the head
Not shown but still in the picture is my Blackberry, which fits perfectly into the right external pocket, and my Metro card which lives inside the left outside pocket. When it comes to bags, I still need function in addition to fashion, so I love that this bag has so many pockets. Along with my building keycard and work keycard, sometimes I transfer my phone into the ingeniously magnetic (!) back pocket for easy access.
I must say, my first foray into the realm of purses was a success, and converted me into a believer.